Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Lots of Changes

It has been a very long time since I have had time to make a post and in that time so much has happened and changed. First we had our amazing baby boy, Bryce Talon Boule!!! Bryce was born on June 24, 2010 at 5:27pm weighing in at 7lbs 8oz and 20 inches long. Also Hailey has not only turned 1 but she is now 2!!! It is hard to believe how fast they grow! I remember hearing people always say to enjoy every minute that they grow to fast and thinking that can not be really possible but it is. Since it has been so long I will try to make a few posts that capture all that has happened to the Boule family in the last year and a half starting with the birth of our amazing son Bryce.

I will never forget the days leading up to Bryce being born as it was a very exciting and hectic time. To start Hailey's daycare had to shut down the infant room do to a measles scare. The room was shut down for several weeks and thanks to my amazing family and me being on maternity leave we were able to make sure someone was able to watch her. On top of the daycare having their infant room closed, Hailey came down with a very very bad cold. It caused her to have a fever that we were trying to break for days and finally on the night of June 23rd (yes the night before Bryce was born) we had to take her to the emergency room because her temperature had hit 104. We spend hours and hours in the ER at St. Josephs while they ran tests and tried to bring down her fever. While there I started to feel contractions but just ignored them as my focus was on Hailey. I even made the comment to Blaine that at least if I did go into labor we were at least at the hospital. After several more hours of waiting, and contractions, they broke her fever and we were finally on our way home.

The next morning as we were getting ready and Blaine was about to leave for work and I said to him "Make sure to be near your phone, I think today is the day". I was still contracting but had my doctors appointment at noon so figured I would wait it out since I did not want to be stuck at the hospital in bed. You would think this being my second I would have know that I should get up and go to the hospital but nope not me, I labored at home with a sick baby and then proceeded to drive myself to the doctor at noon. My Dad was kind enough to meet me at my doctors to watch Hailey so I could have my normal weekly check up. As the nurse was bringing me back to see the nurse for my NST I told her that I was having a lot of contractions and instead of doing my twice a week NST first (this was a special monitoring because I had gestational diabetes) she took me to see the doctor. When the doctor came in I told her that I was feeling a lot of pressure and tons of contractions, probably every 5 minutes or so. She decided to check me before anything else and I was 5cm! She said I needed to go right to the hospital because I was having this baby today! While excited my mind was thinking, oh no what about Hailey she is not feeling well. The doctor could not believe I drove myself to the appointment and said that she wanted my dad to drive us to the hospital and just leave my car there and that is exactly what we did.

On the way to the hospital I called Blaine and said it was time and he was in total shock, even though I told him earlier that day that I though it would be today. Blaine made it in record time to the hospital as did all of my other family members. While the time between 5-6cm seems to take forever (really it was not more than about 4 hours) the time between 6-10 took less than an hour and before I know it the doctor said it was time to push. I started to push at 5pm and had Bryce at 5:27pm, I could not believe it happened so fast! I was holding my precious baby boy in my arms finally after 9 months.

It still amazes me to this day how I can remember both kids births in such detail but then again those days were the most amazing in my life. Below are some pictures of Bryce Talon Boule, our little amazing baby boy!

Labor Time

Time to push

Bryce Talon Boule is here

Holding Bryce for the first time

Bryce Talon Boule born June 24, 2009 at 5:27pm

My big boy

Hailey meeting Bryce

Holding Bryce after he was cleaned

Blaine holding Bryce for the first time

Our new family

Blaine with both kids

Blaine's mom holding Bryce

My Dad holding his first grandson

My Grandma holding Bryce

Sweet little baby feet

Our new addition

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing birth stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I have been meaning to update this for a very long time lol I was just going to skip right to now but did not want to not tell Bryce birth story.

    ReplyDelete